Monday, April 6, 2009

Orpheus

I've started rehearsing a workshop with Filament Theatre--a clown treatment of the Orpheus myth. The idea is that Orpheus and Eurydice are clowns, and every other force in their world (the snake, Hades, the Bacchae) is played by a trio of bouffons. I really, really like this idea, and not just because I get to play Orpheus. Omen--the director--is an alumnus of the Accademia dell'Arte, so we've trained with many of the same people, and as we rehearse I'm finding the direct, practical lines between our classwork and production.

In unrelated news, I don't usually use this blog to plug specific projects, but this one is a bit different. My song "Half" is in the running to be on the soundtrack for a documentary about the Cubs. Which is really exciting. It's open to audience voting until April 17, so if you're looking for ways to kill a little extra time at work, please visit the movie site and vote for me.

No comments: